2001-released hack-and-slash action adventure game Blade of Darkness now available for Switch
Blade of Darkness, which first launched for PC on February 21, 2001, is now available for Switch via the Nintendo eShop via publisher QubicGames. While it will be regularly priced at $14.99, it is currently available at a launch discount price of $8.99.
Here’s an overview of the game, via QubicGames:
A grim new threat looms over The Central Kingdoms. The borders protected by the fierce King’s Knights are no longer secure. The fearsome orc clans, more numerous than ever, lie in wait at every turn. The proud nomads of the steppes are on guard, for strange animals wander in the dark. Not even the powerful dwarves, hidden in their underground palaces, seem safe from threats – from the unknown tunnels in the mines, an ugly army of hideous creatures advances inexorably.
Chaos grips the world. Only the memory of the Elder recalls the exploits of a hero and a few warriors, who in other times fought against the forces of chaos. Ianna, the mother of all living beings, gave the hero a powerful sword to enter the abyss and defeat evil. But that happened a long time ago. A new hero is needed, a chosen one worthy to wield the sword and destroy the enemy… this time forever.
- Four playable characters – Choose your master by Ianna – Tukaram, the Barbarian; Naglfar, the dwarf; Sargon, the Knight; or Zoe, the Amazon – each with unique strengths, weaknesses and combat skills, as you hack and slash your way through a blood-soaked mission to save the world from the forces of chaos.
- Bloody and gory battle – Learn devastating combo attacks and use them to cut your opponents to pieces. Chop off enemy limbs, then use them as weapons!
- A detailed and dark fantasy world – Fight against orcs, trolls, golems, demons, skeletons and many malevolent enemy creatures as you explore treacherous tombs, frozen fortresses, demon spiers, deserts, temples and palaces.
- Interactive environments – Destroy in-game objects with fire or your fists while solving puzzles and disarming traps that combine physics, hydraulic systems and deadly traps!
- Re-release of a true genre-defining game – We are happy to bring Blade of Darkness back to life, an enduring classic that at the time of its release inspired many games in the action-adventure genre through its approach to combat.
Blade of Darkness is also available for PC via Steam and GOG.
Watch the Switch launch trailer below.