How to save Instagram videos to the gallery on an iPhone
Instagram makes it easy to download videos you’ve posted to your story or save videos posted by other users to your collections. But downloading videos that you or someone else has posted on their profile is not such an easy process. But this does not mean that it cannot be done.
In this article, we’ll show you how to manually save Instagram videos to your gallery on iPhone and with a third-party app. Additionally, we will walk you through the process of downloading the videos you posted to your story.
Save your Instagram videos to the gallery on an iPhone
There are many reasons why you might want to download a video you or someone else posted on Instagram to your device. Maybe you don’t have time to watch the video right now and want to do it later. Or you want to send the video to someone who doesn’t have an Instagram account. Another reason could be that you want to save a video you accidentally deleted after posting it.
Saving a video on Instagram is a piece of cake, but the video will only be saved in the “Saved” folder. You can even organize saved videos into collections. However, the video will not be saved in the iPhone gallery.
That said, you can save videos you’ve posted on your Instagram Stories to your gallery. This process is pretty straightforward. Follow the steps below to find out how:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap your profile picture at the bottom right of the screen.
- Go to the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner.
- Proceed to “Archive” in the menu.
- Find the video you want to save to your gallery.
- Tap the “More” option at the bottom right.
- Select the “Save Video” option.
Your video is automatically saved to your camera roll. You will either be able to find it in the “Recent” folder or the “Instagram” folder in your gallery. Keep in mind that this method only works if you want to save a Story video you’ve posted. You cannot save someone else’s Instagram Story.
Another option is to save an Instagram Story video before posting it. To do this, tap the three dots in the upper right corner and select “Save Video.”
If you want to save a video you or someone else has posted to Instagram’s feed, there is no direct way to do this. You can’t even download videos from the Instagram browser. But this does not mean that it is impossible. If you want to save Instagram videos to your gallery, you need to use a third-party app.
Although there are many apps and platforms you can use to save an Instagram video to your iPhone gallery, we’ll show you how to do this using TinyWow. It is a handy website that offers a wide variety of online tools. For example, you can use TinyWow to unlock a PDF file, remove backgrounds from an image, merge two PDF files, compress image sizes, and more. You can also use TinyWow to download videos from various social media apps, such as Instagram.
Although TinyWow is a website platform, you can access it using Safari. Not only is it easy to use, but it’s also free. Here’s what you need to do.
- Open Instagram on iPhone.
- Find the video you want to save, whether it’s on the home page or the search page.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner of the video.
- Select the “Link” option to copy the video’s link to the clipboard.
- Go to Safari and search for TinyWow.
- Find “Instagram Download” in the list of options.
- Paste the URL of the video into the box.
- Tap the “Find Video” button.
- Select the “Download” button.
- Continue to “Save to device.”
That’s all it takes. The Instagram video is automatically saved to your gallery. This method works with videos posted by you or other Instagram users.
It’s much easier to use TinyWow on your computer, but then you need to transfer the videos from your computer to your iPhone. You can always download an app from the App Store, but you must create an account. Some even come with in-app purchases. If you want to avoid the hassle of having to download an app, TinyWow is a great, convenient solution.
How to save Instagram videos to gallery on iPhone manually
There is another method if you don’t want to download a third-party app to save Instagram videos to your gallery. You can do it manually. We use the iPhone’s built-in screen recording feature to do this. If you’ve never screen recorded anything on your iPhone, the process is relatively quick.
To manually save an Instagram video to your gallery, here’s what you need to do:
- Swipe the screen from the bottom to the top. The Control Center menu appears.
- Tap the screen recording button at the bottom left of the screen. If you can’t find it, it looks like a circle with a dot inside.
When you tap this option, your iPhone will give you three seconds before it starts screen recording.
- Open the Instagram video. Make sure the sound is on.
- When the video ends, tap the screen recording icon at the very top of the screen.
- Select “Stop” on the “Stop Screen Recording?” pop-up window.
The video is automatically downloaded to your gallery. Since the video captures the moment you enter the app and look for the video, you have the option to cut out those parts. You can also use the crop function to cut the white top and bottom edges of the video. Follow the steps below to see how it’s done:
- Find the screenshot in Photos and open it.
- Navigate to the “Edit” option at the top right.
- Move the sliders to adjust when the video should start and end.
- Tap the crop function at the bottom right.
- Crop the top and bottom edges from the video.
- Go to the “Done” button at the bottom right.
Your phone will take a few seconds to save the changes. You can do this with virtually any video on Instagram or another video sharing app.
The good news is that this method will not reduce the quality of the video. The only part of the video you cannot remove is the user’s name in the upper left corner and the three dots in the upper right corner. You also won’t be able to edit the mute option at the bottom right.
If you want to minimize the editing part, make sure the video is ready before you start screen recording. To be more specific, open the person’s profile, find the video and start screen recording.
Save all your favorite Instagram videos
If you see a funny or interesting video on your Instagram feed, save it to your gallery for easy access. To do this, you can use a platform like TinyWow, a third-party app, or record on your screen.
Have you ever saved an Instagram video to your iPhone gallery before? What app or platform did you use? Did you capture it on screen? Let us know in the comments section below.