- New collection of unforgettable experiences will offer travelers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to unlock the doors of world-renowned destinations, sights and cultures and reveal the stories behind them.
- Small groups of visitors will also get exclusive access to famous places and moments not normally open to the public.
- ‘Originals by GetYourGuide’ is part of GetYourGuide’s first global campaign, ‘Make Memories’, which was launched alongside powerful new research proving that formative life events like travel spark positive memories of career progression and even a first kiss.
NEW YORK , March 6, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Leading online travel booking platform GetYourGuide today announced the launch of “Originals by GetYourGuide” – a curated collection of exclusive, unique experiences that allow travelers to discover the world in the deepest, most immersive and memorable way. After the immense popularity of its Turn on the lights at the Vatican Museums experience, which allows travelers to open the doors to the Vatican Museums before sunrise, GetYourGuide is pleased to add dozens of experiences to its offering. These cannot be booked anywhere else and offer special opportunities to go deep below the surface of destinations like never before.
“For years, GetYourGuide has helped travelers create lasting memories on every trip they take. This year, we’re gearing up to unlock even more unforgettable experiences with the launch of Originals by GetYourGuide, where travelers will get a rare glimpse into unique spaces and moments , and discover their treasures in a way no other visitor can,” says Jean-Gabriel Duveau, VP of Brand at GetYourGuide. “Along with the 75,000+ experiences we offer, Originals by GetYourGuide will help us live up to our promise to unlock unforgettable travel experiences, helping more travelers experience moments that will fill them with wonder and awe for years to come coming.”
ENTER TO WIN $500 IN STOCKS OR CRYPTO
Enter your email and you’ll also receive Benzinga’s ultimate morning update AND a free gift card of $30 and more!
The making of “Originals by GetYourGuide”
In 2022, Turn on the lights at the Vatican Museums experience served as the source of inspiration for “Originals by GetYourGuide.” In partnership with the Vatican Museums, GetYourGuide gave visitors the extraordinary opportunity to follow Master Keyholder Gianni Crea – who has held all the keys to the Vatican Museums for a quarter of a century – and open the doors to the 24 interconnected galleries, museums and chapels that make up the Vatican Museums before dawn, including areas that otherwise closed to the public. Among the most memorable moments travelers experienced was being able to hold the keys and turn on the lights in the Sistine Chapel and enjoy one of the world’s most famous rooms all to themselves – before the daily arrival of 25,000 tourists. After interest in this tour peaked and more than 15,000 people applied for a coveted seat, the tour is now available to book regularly via the GetYourGuide platform.
2023 ‘Originals by GetYourGuide’ series
Each ‘Originals by GetYourGuide’ experience is hand-crafted together with selected local partners around the world to deliver truly unforgettable memories. While exclusive access and new and authentic experiences are certainly key ingredients of “Originals by GetYourGuide”, the “guides” themselves will play a crucial role in making each experience memorable. In addition to sharing their expertise and authentic connection to the experience, they will all have incredible stories to tell.
Starting with the collection of 2023 experiences is an exclusive tour carried out in collaboration with one of the world’s most visited museums, Museum of Modern Art in New York (MoMA)where travelers can enjoy an intimate tour of the museum one hour before normal opening hours. Can be booked now on GetYourGuidea professional art historian will guide travelers through the museum’s sought-after galleries before the crowds rush in and tell stories about the renowned works of art and artists featured in the museum.
Looking ahead to the spring and summer of 2023, travelers can expect an exciting rollout of experiences that will feature the following legendary attractions, with many more on the way:
- Sagrada Familia : On a private tour without the crowds, travelers will get to explore Gaudí’s masterpiece as the artist intended for himself – guided by the sound of music and a rare color phenomenon that only a few get to witness. As the sunset fills the world-famous basilica and a symphony of colors is revealed through the stained glass windows, travelers can experience the architectural gem come to life, set to the live soundtrack of revered local organist Juan de la Rubia.
- Vendée Globe: French master sailor Tanguy le Turquais will welcome travelers aboard his transatlantic solo racing yacht and discover the thrill of open sea exploration on the magnificent vessel, sailing with Tanguy and the team as they prepare to compete in the world’s only non-stop, solo- race around the world, the Vendée Globe – known as the ‘Everest’ of the Seas.
- Truffle hunting in Piedmont: At sunset, accompanied by an expert truffle hunter, Trifolau, travelers will search the woods of Piedmont for one of the most famous truffles in the world, the white truffle of Alba.
GetYourGuide’s ‘Make Memories’ campaign launches on March 6 across Europe and the US
The launch of ‘Originals by GetYourGuide’ follows the brand’s vision to unlock the most unforgettable travel experiences and is part of the ‘Make Memories’ campaign, which highlights the importance of meaningful moments that create lasting memories. A research study commissioned by the brand for the campaign examined the impact of experiences on life and found that positive memories of a first kiss are comparable to travel memories, and nearly half of participants (47.3%) felt more positive emotions when reflecting on a travel experience than their first kiss. The findings underscore the impact travel can have on people’s lives and why GetYourGuide will search far and wide to provide travelers with the best experiences in the world and make their next trip one they will remember forever.
To learn more about upcoming “Originals by GetYourGuide” and discover other unforgettable experiences around the world, please visit www.getyourguide.com.
GetYourGuide is the leading global online marketplace for unforgettable travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to discover and book the best and most unique activities in any destination—including guided tours by local experts, culinary excursions, cooking and craft classes, skip-the-line tickets, and exclusive bucket-list experiences. Today, GetYourGuide offers more than 75,000 activities from over 16,000 experience creators. Since its launch, travelers from over 150 countries have booked more than 80 million tours, activities and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of more than 700 travel and technology experts, the company is headquartered in Berlin, Germany and has 17 local offices around the world (including in the UK and US).
Press contact: [email protected]