Top realme 10 Pro Tips, Tricks, Quick Shortcuts, Useful Features
realme recently launched its latest realme 10 series smartphones in India and the realme 10 Pro is the tone-down variant of its top sibling the realme 10 Pro+. The features of realme 10 Pro include a stunning bezel-less design, 120Hz display and Snapdragon 695 SoC, and it runs on the new realme UI 4.0. Realme 10 Pro is among the first in the realme family to receive realme UI 4.0 and it offers a bunch of tricks and benefits. Here are the best Realme 10 Pro tips, tricks, quick shortcuts and useful features you need to know.
Top realme 10 Pro Tips, Tricks, Quick Shortcuts, Useful Features
1) Stop apps from using data on your phone
realme UI 4.0 has a bunch of features that you can use to make things easier for you. This smart feature allows you to control the Wi-Fi access of the installed apps on realme 10 Pro, which means you can stop the app from using your Wi-Fi network and completely block the app from using the internet. There is a per-app internet connection kill switch and you can use it for apps that use data in the background.
Some apps on your phone may use unnecessary data every time you connect to the Wi-Fi network, so why not take control of the apps using your phone’s Wi-Fi?
- Go to Settings -> Apps -> Special app access -> Wi-Fi control and select the apps you want to stop or block Wi-Fi access.
Turn off the slider to disable Wi-Fi for that specific app. Now check the app and see if it has internet access.
2) Slide three fingers for screenshots
Realme 10 Pro can take screenshots so easily, you just need to swipe with three fingers on the screen. Realme UI 4.0 has a number of gesture-based shortcuts, one of which is for taking screenshots.
Taking screenshots with the three-finger gesture is the easiest and most convenient way to take screenshots on your smartphone. By using the three-finger gesture, you will be able to take screenshots much easier without any problems.
To use this feature, swipe three fingers on the screen from top to bottom, and the screenshot is quickly saved to the gallery. This feature is turned on by default, but you can disable or reactivate it from your phone’s settings.
- Go to Settings -> System settings -> Gestures and movements and see the slider for Swipe down with 3 fingers to take screenshot is On or Off.
3) Take part of a screenshot
There are two more hidden gestures using the three fingers, the partial screen and the scrolling screen, and it takes a slightly different approach for gestures. Taking screenshots is easy since you now know the three-finger trick that we’ve shown, but do you have any idea if you want to capture part of the screenshot? If you take the whole screenshot and then crop it to your liking, doing it the hard way, it’s already an easy trick to do.
If you don’t want to take full screen screenshots, you can easily take partial screenshots by doing this simple trick. Unlike full screen shots, a partial screen shot or half screen shot captures a portion of the screen and not the full screen.
Before you start, turn on the partial screen motion settings on your phone.
- Go to Settings -> System settings -> Gestures and movements and turn on the slider for Press and hold with 3 fingers to take screenshot.
To take partial screenshots, press and hold three fingers on the screen for a second, then swipe down on the screen. You get a selection on the screen, select the screen area to what you want, and take partial screenshots. Remember that you have to hold the three fingers on the screen for a second and then swipe it down.
4) Take scrolling screenshots
The three-finger gesture also allows you to take scrolling screenshots on the realme 10 Pro. A scrolling screenshot is a long screenshot that captures the scrolling screen to capture a much larger image than what you see on the screen. Scrolling screenshots are useful if you store a long chat history, a description, a document or some information over the Internet.
To take scrolling screenshots, use the same gesture ie three fingers, tap and hold the screen for a second, then swipe across the bottom of the screen and tap the screen until you’re happy with the screenshot. Your screenshot will then be saved in the gallery.
5) Split screen using a simple gesture
This handy trick may be among the underrated features of the phone, many may not use it, but they often switch apps instead of using both apps in split screen mode. This simple gesture allows you to split the screen and use two apps at the same time, which is very useful if you multitask on your phone. Say you are chatting with your friends on WhatsApp while watching videos on YouTube.
To use the split screen feature, swipe up on the screen with three fingers to enter split screen mode and select the app you want to use in split mode. You can adjust the slider to resize the apps.
The split screen can be turned on or off from the Settings menu.
- Go to Settings -> Special features -> Split screen and set the slider according to your needs.
You can also use the feature – Flexible windows just below split screen for floating windows similar to what you’ve seen on desktop.
6) Lock apps via fingerprint
The Realme 10 Pro has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner that you can use to lock individual apps installed on the phone. With the fingerprint lock, no one but you can access the apps by unlocking them with your fingerprints.
When your smartphone is in unlocked state, the apps are vulnerable as anyone can access it if they reach your phone. An unlocked phone can give anyone access to your smartphone, whether you’ve secured it with a fingerprint, PIN, password or other security. Securing your phone with your fingerprint is one of the most important things you should do, but securing your apps with your fingerprint adds a layer of security on top. So when someone tries to access your unlocked phone and open the apps, it asks for a fingerprint authentication that only you can unlock.
To lock apps with fingerprint, make sure you have registered fingerprint on realme 10 Pro+.
- Step 1: Pulling towards Settings -> Password & Security -> Fingerprint and add your fingerprint (if you don’t have one). When you’re done, you’ll be shown a menu where you can choose to turn on App lock.
- Step 2: Now go to Settings -> Privacy -> App Lock and turn on the slider, you will be prompted to set up a privacy password.
- Step 3: Select the apps you want to lock with your fingerprints using the slider.
That’s it, the apps will now be locked and secured with your fingerprints. Now try to open a secured app and you will be prompted for authentication. Use your fingerprint to unlock the apps.
7) Check 4G/5G speeds in real time
Realme 10 Pro has Snapdragon 695 5G which has a 5G modem, you can get up to 5G speeds provided by your ISP. And to check the 5G speed in real time, realme 10 Pro shows you in the status bar. This gives you an idea if you are really getting slow internet speeds from your service provider or if there is something in the background interfering with your data. You can use this feature to see the speeds of downloads/uploads or streaming media in real time.
How to check 4G or 5G speed on realme 10 Pro.
- Go to Settings -> Notifications and status bar -> Status bar and below Status bar icons section, press Network speed in real time to turn on the slider.
Now check the status bar and notice that the real-time speed indicator is working while browsing the web.
8) See battery percentage in the status bar
Apart from the internet speed, the status bar also shows you the battery percentage which allows you to quickly check the battery. This quick setting will put a percentage right next to the battery icon so you can easily check if your phone needs charging before it dies.
- To see the battery percentage in the status bar, simply go to Settings -> Notifications and status bar -> Status bar -> Battery percentage and select the desired option.
You can now see the percentage inside the battery or outside the battery depending on the selected setting.
9) Use the dark mode
Dark mode is among the most useful features in smartphones, Dark mode allows you to see the contents of the screen in dark colors to ease the eyes. It helps you use your phone in darker environments and provides relief to your eyes at night and prevents eye strain under low ambient light.
How to turn on Dark Mode on realme 10 Pro with these simple steps.
- Pulling towards Settings -> Display and brightness and choose Dark mode theme option.
- Set Planned to set dark mode automatically according to your time, or use the Sunset to Sunrise option.
Under the dark mode settings, change the desired options – Enhanced, Medium and Gentle to set the intensity of the darkness. You can also adjust dark mode with wallpapers and icons, and reduce contrast in low light conditions.
10) Put watermarks, date and time on photos
Realme 10 Pro allows you to set the date and time as well as a realme 10 Pro watermark on photos with a quick setting. If you want your photos to show the date and time, watermark and location information, you can enable this option in the camera settings.
- Step 1: Start Camera app and go to Camera settings in the top right corner using the three dots.
- Step 2: Press Watermarks and turn the slider to the right.
- Step 3: There are options to customize the watermark, insert your custom signature or add device model, change the font size and position of the signature, add location and date and time stamp.
That was all about the realme 10 Pro tips and tricks we found in realme UI 4.0 based on Android 13, you can spend some time on the phone to get more of it. We did a full review of realme 10 Pro, check it out. For more guides and tutorials like this, visit our How-to guides. To get updates on the latest technology news, smartphones and gadgets, make sure you follow us on our social media profiles.
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube